Top Stories from ISMIE News in 2022
Before we get too far into the new year, here’s a look back at the top stories published in ISMIE News from 2022:
- Risk Management course work and assessment resources were the most accessed information last year.*
- Nuclear Verdicts – The growing size and frequency of jury verdicts over $10 million is a trend that continues.
- Surprise Billing – ISMIE provided a resource for policyholders to explain the details of the federal No Surprises Act that’s designed to protect patients from unexpected medical bills.
- Certificates of Insurance – A “how-to” for obtaining certificates of insurance from ISMIE needed for credentialing.
- Medical Records – An ISMIE resource that included guidance on medical record access and retention.
ISMIE is looking forward to sending you helpful and timely information in 2023!
* As a reminder, as it is our customary practice, the risk management section of our website is unavailable at the beginning of 2023 to complete our annual year-end policyholder updates. You can expect the site to refreshed and back online in mid-January. During this period, you can still access the main website for policy documents, account administration and to pay premiums online.
For more information, please contact us by email.