Do You Know When to Contact ISMIE’s Claims Department?
March 10, 2020
You already know that ISMIE should be your first call if you receive notice of a lawsuit against you. But did you know that the most effective defense against a potential lawsuit begins long before a court date has been set?
There are a wide variety of situations in which it is crucial to contact us immediately:
- An unexpected outcome – even if you don’t think it’s likely to develop into legal action, it’s safest to give us a call and talk through what happened.
- You’ve received a subpoena, request for medical records, or deposition request – even if you don’t think you are the target of a lawsuit.
- You’ve received a summons and complaint, notice of intent to file a claim, attorney’s lien, request for monetary damages, or other documents indicating you may be the target of a lawsuit. The sooner you get in touch with us, the better prepared you will be to respond appropriately.
- Medicare or your state’s licensing board has notified you of an investigation.
- Unauthorized disclosure of patient health information or patient identifiers, or another security breach, has occurred – time is of the essence when reporting a claim. If you become aware of a breach you should contact the ISMIE Claims Division immediately.
ISMIE understands that having a claim against you can be daunting, but rest assured we will work diligently to guide and protect you every step of the way. Policyholders can contact our claims team any time by email or phone at 800-782-4767 x 3510.