Kentucky Osteopathic Medical Association-ISMIE Affinity Program
Not a Kentucky Osteopathic Medical Association (KOMA) member?Learn more about becoming a member.
Holistic Coverage for Holistic Physicians
ISMIE Mutual Insurance Company (ISMIE) has been selected as the endorsed medical professional liability insurance carrier of the Kentucky Osteopathic Medical Association (KOMA), and now offers a new affinity program to KOMA members through all ISMIE-appointed brokers* — including Program Administrator Professionals' Insurance Agency, Inc..
*Program is open to all ISMIE-appointed brokers and allows for direct submission to ISMIE. Non ISMIE-appointed brokers may access the program through the program administrator.
ISMIE has proudly delivered protection, quality, service and value to healthcare professionals for more than 40 years. Its vast array of offerings includes industry-leading risk management programs, customized coverage options, and physician-led claims management. ISMIE is excited to offer this top-quality coverage with an exceptional package of credits exclusively for KOMA members.
Credits Available Include
- 10% KOMA credit applied to ISMIE clients1
- Loss Free Credits of up to 19.5%2
- Risk Management credits of up to 15%3
- Rating credits for individual physicians4
- Rating and loss experience credits for clinic physicians from economically integrated practices4
1 net of any applicable discounts and credits
2 based on number of years with no indemnity paid
3 subject to participation in ISMIE’s risk management courses
4 Must meet underwriting guidelines.
Popular CME Activities
- Data Breaches: Causes and Evolving Risks
- Genomic Medicine: Maximizing Benefits and Minimizing Risks
- Opioid Prescribing in the Office: What You Should Know
- Physician Burnout and Impairment: How an Unhealthy Doc Can Affect a Healthy Practice
- Sexual Misconduct in the Medical Setting, Parts 1 and 2
Policyholders in ISMIE's Risk Management program are 37% less likely to experience a claim resulting in a payment, and 21% less likely to experience a claim overall, than non-participants.
To be approved for this program, DOs must meet the following requirements:
- Program is only open to KOMA members in good standing
- Enrollment requires signing a Participation Agreement and approval of physician's application by ISMIE
- 50% of practice must be in Kentucky to be eligible for this program