Clinic Liability Options
This policy option is a coverage alternative for corporations, partnerships or other legal entities, delivering our classic physician professional liability protection while offering significant cost-saving opportunities to groups of two or more physicians, with either a separate or shared limit option.
An alternative for corporations, partnerships or other legal entities is ISMIE's Clinic Option Professional Liability Insurance. This coverage provides our classic physician professional liability protection while offering significant cost-saving opportunities to groups of two or more physicians. The Clinic Option covers each physician as an additional named insured on a single policy form, eliminating the need for multiple bills and statements.
- Flexible coverage options include customized Claims-Made and Occurrence Coverage as well as transfer-to-occurrenceTM (TTOTM) which offers the opportunity to transfer from claims-made coverage to occurrence coverage.
- Absolute right to defend and consent to settlement provision.
- Expenses for legal defense are separate from, and in addition to, the stated limit.
- Defendant Reimbursement Coverage to compensate loss of income because of attendance at a trial or deposition (other than one’s own) at the rate of $500/day, $7,500 maximum per physician, podiatrist and chiropractor, per policy period. Coverage also extends to an insured professional entity for its non-physician employees when their participation has been requested by ISMIE.
- Legal Expense Reimbursement for professional licensing agency/board hearing or investigation up to a maximum of $30,000, per physician, podiatrist and chiropractor, per proceeding, subject to a deductible of $1,000.
- Legal Expense Reimbursement for Medicare/Medicaid investigations/billing errors and omissions up to $30,000 per named insured, per investigation, subject to a deductible of $1,000.
- Broad scope prior acts coverage available with no jurisdictions restricted.
- Retirement tail benefit. All claims-made insured Physicians, Chiropractors, Podiatrists and other health care professionals (who secure separate limit coverage) are eligible to receive a free Reporting Endorsement upon retirement: 1) after Mutual attaining age fifty-five with five consecutive years of ISMIE coverage, or 2) at any age upon ten continuous years of ISMIE insurance. A “free” Reporting Endorsement is also available in the event of death and/or disability.
- Unique Tail coverage for claims-made coverage is available upon cancellation and includes the option to purchase tail with aggregate limits which re- establish each year, or a single limit tail option.
- Free Locum Tenens coverage is provided for the first 30 days.
- Allied health professionals may be insured on a shared or separate limits basis with their employer when permitted by state insurance statutes.